Cory Spinks vs. Zab Judah (2nd meeting)
2005-02-05 : Zab Judah 146 lbs beat Cory Spinks 147 lbs by TKO at 2:49 in round 9 of 12
- Location: Savvis Center, Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
- Referee: Armando Garcia
- Judge: Joseph Pasquale 78-74
- Judge: Gary Merritt 79-73
- Judge: Tom Kaczmarek 77-75
- World Boxing Council Welterweight Title (3rd defending of Spinks)
- World Boxing Association Welterweight Title (3rd defending of Spinks)
- International Boxing Federation Welterweight Title (4th defending of Spinks)
- Time: 2:49
- Weights: Spinks 147 lbs, Judah 146 lbs
- Judah came forward behind his Jab for most of the fight throwing hard left hands and solid body punches.
- Spinks used his Jab and lateral movement trying to control distance and set up counter punches.
- Judah was more successful with his plan and by the end of round 7 he was in control of the fight.
- Spinks was down in the 9th round.
- Judah becomes the undisputed Welterweight champion and wins the Ring Magazine world title.