Daniel Jacobs vs. Michael Walker
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
2009-05-02 : Daniel Jacobs 163 lbs beat Michael Walker 162 lbs by UD in round 8 of 8
- Location: MGM Grand, Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Vic Drakulich
- Judge: Adalaide Byrd 80-72
- Judge: Dave Moretti 79-73
- Judge: Herb Santos 80-72
Aired On: HBO Pay-Per-View
- Daniel Jacobs 15-0 (14 KOs) vs. Michael Walker 19-1-2 (12 KOs)
- Fight was on the undercard of Ricky Hatton vs. Manny Pacquiao.
- Jacobs, who had fought just 8 days earlier on ESPN Friday Night Fights against Jose Varela, was a late replacement for James Kirkland, who was arrested on April 19th for felony gun possession.
- Walker came in with a record of 1-1-1 in his last three bouts.
- Jacobs won all of the eight rounds on points behind left and right jabs, switching stances from traditional to southpaw frequently to confuse Walker. However, Walker gave a good accounting of himself in magnificent condition and landed the more effective power punches, but he couldn't match Jacobs hand speed, offensive output, and ring generalship.