Daniel Roman vs. Alfredo Madrigal
2011-05-13 : Daniel Roman 118 lbs beat Alfredo Madrigal 118 lbs by UD in round 4 of 4
- Location: Chumash Casino, Santa Ynez, California, USA
- Referee: Marcos Rosales
- Judge: Kermit Bayless 40-35
- Judge: Steve Morrow 40-35
- Judge: Marty Sammon 40-35
- Daniel Roman 1-01 (1 KO) vs. Alfredo Madrigal 1-0 (0 KO)
- Fight was the televised swing bout on the undercard of Kendall Holt vs. Julio Diaz.
- Roman was originally scheduled to fight Alfredo's brother, Diego Madrigal.
A crowd-pleasing, high-output opening round saw both fighters come out winging power shots with little attention paid to defense. Round 2 turned more to in-fighting which favored the more polished Roman. A left hook to the body sent Madrigal down in the final minute of Round 2. He made it to his feet at the count of eight. Roman continued to land big shots to the body in Round 3 as Madrigal was content to fight on the inside despite being the rangier fighter. Madrigal, who was gritty and game, continued to come forward in the 4th but was a step slower, which allowed Roman to pick his shots through his opponent's guard.