- This 18-episode serial of 15-minute-long "cliff-hangers" starred then-World Heavyweight Champion Jack Dempsey as "Jack Derry," whose family is cheated out of a Nevada gold mine. He works his way through college, becomes a football star, falls in love, makes money, and goes into the mining business himself.
- Produced in 1920 by Pathé Studios
- Directed by W. S. "Woody" Van Dyke
- Dempsey was paid $10,000 up front, and $1,000 per week. A Flame of Pure Fire: Jack Dempsey and the Roaring '20s, by Roger Kahn
- Cameo appearances by Al Kaufman & Terry Kellar
- This serial is considered lost; incomplete portions of episodes 1, 2, and 4 exist at UCLA's Film Archive
- IMDb link