Dave Hilton Jr. vs. Denis Sigouin
1984-07-10 : Dave Hilton 146½ lbs beat Denis Sigouin 145½ lbs by TKO at 1:29 in round 10 of 12
- Location: Forum, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Guy Jutras
- Judge: Desmond Greene
- Judge: Lise Lavallee
- Judge: Emilien Nadeau
- WBC Continental Americas Welterweight Title (Vacant Title)
- Canadian Welterweight Title (1st defense of Hilton Jr.)
- Time: 1:29
- Attendance: 15,122
- Sigouin came into this fight as the #2 ranked contender to Hilton's Canadian title.
- Midway through the 10th round, Hilton threw a right hand that appeared low and Sigouin doubled over in pain. Referee Jutras ruled that the punch was low, but unintentional and gave Sigouin 5 minutes to recover. However, after a few minutes, Sigouin stated that he did not wish to continue and Jutras declared Hilton the winner by TKO.
- Hilton was comfortably ahead on the cards at the time of stoppage.
- Hilton Jr. would not defend his title again.
Cusson vs. Hilton Jr. II
| Canadian Welterweight Title Fight
Guerrero vs. Anderson II