Name: Dave Moretti
Hometown: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Judging Record: click
Nationality: US American
Dave Moretti is an American boxing judge out of Las Vegas, Nevada. Records indicate he began judging in 1977. Moretti works primarily in Nevada, but has also judged bouts in Oregon, Florida, California, New Jersey, Idaho, Connecticut, New Mexico, Texas and Washington D.C., as well as, Thailand, South Korea, Mexico, South Africa, Australia and Japan. He has served as a referee/judge in over 90 World title fights.
- 1995, Aug. 18 - Rocky Gannon vs. Iran Barkley - Moretti was the only judge not to score the bout in favor of Gannon, instead seeing it a draw. Scores: Judge: Dave Moretti 76-76, Dalby Shirley 77-75, Patricia Morse Jarman 75-77.
- 1994, Nov. 1 - Joe Hipp vs. Rodolfo Marin - Moretti was the only judge to score in favor of Marin, who lost by split decision. Scores: Duane Ford 98-92, Art Lurie 96-94, Dave Moretti 94-96.
- 1991, June 28 - Azumah Nelson vs. Jeff Fenech (1st meeting) for WBC World super featherweight title. Moretti was the only judge to score the bout a draw. The other judges were split. Scores: Jerry Roth 113-115, Dave Moretti 114-114, Miguel Donate 116-112.
- 1990, Feb. 4 - Troy Dorsey vs. Jorge Paez for the IBF World featherweight title. Moretti was the only judge to score the bout in favor of Dorsey, who lost via split decision. Score: Judge: Robert Byrd 114-113, Juan Jose Ramirez 114-113, Dave Moretti 113-115.
- 1988, Apr. 16 - [Marlon Starling vs. Mark Breland (2nd meeting)] for the WBA Welterweight Title. Moretti was the only judge to score in favor of Breland. Scores: Judge: Jerry Roth 116-113, Neffie Quintana 114-114, Dave Moretti 114-115.
- 1985, Sept. 25 - Joe Ruelaz vs. Tommy Cordova - Moretti was the only judge not to score in favor or Ruelaz, instead seeing the bout a draw. Scores: Judge: Lou Tabat 115-113, Chuck Hassett 116-112, Dave Moretti 114-114.
- 1985, May 24 - Troy Wortham vs. Eric Martin - Moretti was the only judge to score in favor of Martin, who lost by split decision. Judge: Jerry Roth 116-115, Dalby Shirley 116-112, Dave Moretti 114-115.
- 1978, June 9 - Ossie Ocasio vs. Jimmy Young - Moretti was the only judge to score in favor of Young, who lost by split decision. Scores: Hal Miller 55-53, Lou Tabat 55-53, Dave Moretti 52-56.