Davey Moore (Featherweight)
Name: Davey Moore
Alias: Springfield Rifle
Birth Name: David Schultz Moore
Birthplace: Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Died: 1963-03-23 (Age:29)
Nationality: US American
Hometown: Springfield, Ohio, USA
Height: 5′ 2½″ / 159cm
Boxing Record: click
Manager: Andy Anderson (1955), Willie Ketchum
Trainer: Teddy Bentham
- Photo #2
- Died of head injuries suffered in championship boxing bout with Sugar Ramos on March 21, 1963.
- Subject of Bob Dylan's song "Who Killed Davey Moore?"
- Grave Site
- 1951 representing Chicago won an Intercity Golden Gloves' title in the featherweight division vs. Juan Betancourt.
- 1952 National AAU 118 lb. champion
- Represented the United States at the 1952 Olympic Games in Helsinki, Finland in the Bantamweight class. Moore was eliminated in the third round by Ho King of Korea.
| Intercity Golden Gloves
Ernie De Jesus
| National AAU Bantamweight Champion
Hogan (Kid) Bassey
| World Featherweight Champion
1959 March 18 – 1963 March 21
| WBC Featherweight Champion
1963 Feb 14 – 1963 Mar 21