David Diaz vs. Erik Morales
2007-08-04 : David Diaz 133¾ lbs beat Erik Morales 135 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Allstate Arena, Rosemont, Illinois, USA
- Referee: Benjy Esteves Jr.
- Judge: Herminio Cuevas Collazo 114-113
- Judge: Robert Hecko 115-113
- Judge: Nobuaki Uratani 115-112
- World Boxing Council Lightweight Title (1st defense of Diaz)
- Weights: Diaz 133.75 lbs, Morales 135 lbs
- This is supposed to be Morales' last fight as he attempted to capture a title in a fourth weight class.
- Diaz was knocked down in the first round by a right hand.
- Erik Morales announced his retirement after the fight.