Denis Lebedev vs. Santander Silgado
2012-12-17 : Denis Lebedev 197½ lbs beat Santander Silgado 193¾ lbs by KO at 2:14 in round 4 of 12
- Location: Crocus City Hall, Myakinino, Russia
- Referee: Mikael Hook
- Judge: Jesus Morata Garcia
- Judge: Pawel Kardyni
- Judge: Carlos Colon
- World Boxing Association World Cruiserweight Title (1st defense by Lebedev)
- Interim WBA champion Denis Lebedev becomes the full WBA world cruiserweight champion. Stripped champion Guillermo Jones was inactive for a year before this bout. 23-0 Silgado knocked out for the full ten count, outcome decisive.
- The WBA Cruiserweight world title was stirpped from Guillermo Jones for backing out of his scheduled WBA title defense against challenger Andres Taylor and then refusing to fight the WBA Interim World champion Denis Lebedev.
- Silgado, 23-0, had gone nine rounds in a regional title bout in Argentina several years earlier. Lebedev had gone 12 rounds with Marco Huck and James Toney in world title bouts and 10 rounds with Roy Jones Jr. in the 24 months before this bout.
- Silgado, an eight round fighter who had fought relatively limited class opposition for the Havoc Boxing Promotions group in New York City, was never a ten round fighter, but got a lucky world title opportunity as a ranked contender when Jones got stripped.