Dennis Shepherd (born: October 11, 1926 in Johannesburg, South Africa; died: June 13, 2006 in Johannesburg) was a South African amateur boxer, who was the silver medalist in the Featherweight class at the 1948 London Olympic Games. A southpaw, Shepherd's Olympic results were:
- Defeated Sidney Greave (Pakistan) points
- Defeated Mohamed Ammi (France) points
- Defeated Eddie Johnson (United States) points
- Defeated Francisco Nunez (Argentina) points
- Lost to Ernesto Formenti (Italy) points
Shepherd continued to box until 1950, when he was eliminated in the opening round of the British Empire Games in Auckland, New Zealand. He subsequently retired, without having a professional career. He later moved to South Africa. He died in Johannesburg on June 13, 2006, at the age of 79.