Denny Moyer vs. Ralph Dupas (1st meeting)
1963-04-29 : Denny Moyer 154 lbs lost to Ralph Dupas 151 lbs by SD in round 15 of 15
- Location: Municipal Auditorium, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
- Referee: Pete Giarusso 4-9
- Judge: Lucien Joubert 5-8
- Judge: Herman Dutreix 7-6
"Ralph Dupas showed more aggressiveness than usual in taking a 15 round split decision and winning the world's junior middleweight title Monday night over Denny Moyer of Portland, Ore. The close bout saw few telling blows landed by either fighter. Dupas, who has always fought best in the past over a 10 round route, made a surprisingly strong showing in the 15th. Moyer, on the other hand, is noted for strong finishes but faltered in the final round after taking the 13th and 14th." -Associated Press
- Referee Pete Giarusso took the 7th from Dupas for low blows.
- Unofficial AP scorecard - 7-7-1 Draw
- Attendance - 5,028
- Gate - $29,112
- Purses - Moyer: $7,500 guarantee or 35% of net gate. Dupas: 20% of net gate.