Dick Tiger vs. Gene Fullmer (1st meeting)
1962-10-23 : Gene Fullmer 160 lbs lost to Dick Tiger 159 lbs by UD in round 15 of 15
- Location: Candlestick Park, San Francisco, California, USA
- Referee: Frankie Carter 1-10
- Judge: Jack Downey 5-9
- Judge: Vern Bybee 5-7
- A crowd of 11,600 produced a gate of $101,000.
- Tiger was guaranteed a flat $25,000. Fullmer received 45 percent of the gate and 66⅔ percent from closed circuit TV, which was shown in 48 cities.
- This was Fullmer's first title defense since the National Boxing Association became the World Boxing Association. Fullmer successfully defended the NBA middleweight title seven times.
Inaugural Title Fight
| WBA Middleweight Title Fight
Tiger vs. Fullmer II