Dick Young (of Texas)
Hometown: Ashville, North Carolina
- 1944 Stationed at Camp Barkeley, in the US Army's 12th Armored Division at Abilene, Texas
- 1944 Texas State Golden Gloves Champion
- 1944 Fought in the Chicago Golden Gloves Tournament of Champions (160 lb), being eliminated by Collins Brown in the semi-finals.
- 1944 Chosen to represent Chicago, he won the Intercity Golden Gloves (160 lb) Championship by decision, reportedly waging a defensive battle, over the aggressive knock-out artist Hy Bronstein.
- 1946 Won the North Carolina Golden Gloves at Charlotte and went on to make the finals of the New York Golden Gloves Tournament of Champions, at Madison Square Garden.
- Served in Europe, in the United States Army, during World War Two.
| Intercity Golden Gloves