Diego Chaves vs. Keith Thurman
2013-07-27 : Keith Thurman 146 lbs beat Diego Gabriel Chaves 146¼ lbs by KO at 0:28 in round 10 of 12
- Location: AT&T Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
- Referee: Luis Pabon
- Judge: Nelson Vazquez
- Judge: Levi Martinez
- Judge: Dr Ruben M Garcia
- Ring Announcer: Jimmy Lennon Jr.
- Aired On: Showtime, BoxNation
- (interim) WBA World Welterweight Title (2nd defense by Chaves)
- Diego Chaves 22-0 (18 KOs) vs. Keith Thurman 20-0 (18 KOs)
- Thurman entered as the #9 welterweight contender in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Chaves, a 4.75-to-betting underdog, was unranked by the same publication.  
- It was just the second professional fight for Chaves outside his native Argentina.
- Thurman began bleeding from the nose in Round 3 and suffered a small cut to his left eye in the ninth.
- Chaves was bleeding from the nose by the end of Round 6.
- In the final minute of Round 9, Thurman connected with a left hand to the body that sent Chaves down to a knee in the center of the ring. He got to his feet and action continued. Thurman attacked in the opening seconds of the tenth round and caught Chaves with a right hand that sent the Argentine to all fours. He made no attempt to get to his feet and the referee waved an end to the bout.
- At the time of knockout, Thurman led on all three cards: 87-83, 87-83, 86-84.