Dimitri Kirilov vs. Vic Darchinyan
2008-08-02 : Dmitry Kirillov 114½ lbs lost to Vic Darchinyan 114 lbs by KO at 1:05 in round 5 of 12
- Location: Emerald Queen Casino, Tacoma, Washington, USA
- Referee: Earl Brown
- Judge: Marty Denkin 36-40
- Judge: Glen Hamada 36-40
- Judge: Tom McDonough 36-40
- International Boxing Federation Super Flyweight Title (2nd defense by Kirilov)
- Time: 1:05
- Weights: Darchinyan 114 lbs, Kirilov 114.5 lbs
- Promoter: Gary Shaw
- Aired on: Showtime Championship Boxing
- Darchinyan landed a five punch combination which put Kirilov down in the the 5th. A straight left put Kirilov down again a few seconds later. Kirilov remained on one knee while referee Earl Brown counted him out.
- Darchinyan dominated the fight from the opening bell, moving forward and landing fast jabs and heavy straight lefts. Darchinyan was ahead on all 3 scorecards, 40-36.
- Despite the pleas between rounds from trainer Freddie Roach, Kirilov lacked head movement, stood in front of Darchinyan as a stationary target, and had poor foot position, making him easy to hit. Darchinyan had the left hand cocked back all night, and waited patiently all night before landing the 'coup-de-gras'.