Don George vs. Edwin Rodriguez
2012-03-17 : Edwin Rodriguez 166 lbs beat Donovan George 166 lbs by UD in round 10 of 10
- Location: Madison Square Garden Theater, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Benjy Esteves Jr.
- Judge: Glenn Feldman 99-91
- Judge: Waleska Roldan 97-93
- Judge: Don Ackerman 96-94
- Don George 22-1-1 (19 KOs) vs. Edwin Rodriguez 20-0 (14 KOs)
- George entered as a 2.2/1 betting underdog. 
- Fight was on the undercard of Sergio Martinez vs. Matthew Macklin.
Rodriguez likely took the early rounds by maintaining distance, working behind a jab and tying up George in close. George came forward but struggled to get on the inside enough to land effectively. George had an improved third round as he looked to pick up the pace. Rodriguez picked up his movement in Round 4, slipping while pumping a jab and an occasional combination upstairs. He landed a solid right hand midway through the round. George continued to come forward and caught his opponent with a decent right hand to close the round. Round 5 was much stronger for George who landed several nice power shots in the final minute. Rodriguez evaded less and his output dropped noticeably from the prior four rounds. Rodriguez picked up his output in Round 6 and likely earned the round with a nice combination midway through and a solid body shot in the final minute. Rodriguez outboxed George in the 7th and 8th rounds by working from the outside and tying up George in close. George came on in the last two rounds, but still struggled to land against his slicker opponent.