Donald Curry vs. Tony Montgomery
1987-02-07 : Donald Curry 153½ lbs beat Tony Montgomery 154 lbs by DQ at 2:29 in round 5 of 12
- Location: Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: James Molinell
- Judge: Dalby Shirley
- Judge: Dave Moretti
- Judge: Bill Graham
- This was Curry's first fight since losing the Undisputed World Welterweight Championship in a major upset to Lloyd Honeyghan.
- Montgomery was Curry's former sparring partner.
- Curry's purse was $100,000.
- Curry floored Montgomery with a one-two combination late in the second round. Curry dropped him again in round four with a right uppercut.
- Montgomery, who had points deducted in rounds four and five for headbutting, was disqualified at 2:29 of the fifth round for another headbutt.
- After the disqualification, a furious Curry hit Montgomery from behind with a right to the head. The punch triggered a near-brawl as cornermen from both camps raced into the ring and tried to fight one another before security guards and fight officials managed to gain control. Curry and Montgomery were fined $2,500 apiece by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.