Donnie Nietes vs. Manuel Vargas
2009-09-12 : Donnie Nietes 105 lbs beat Manuel Vargas 105 lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Location: El Palenque de la Feria, Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico
- Referee: Jose Hiram Rivera
- Judge: Thomas Nardone 118-110
- Judge: Jose Roberto Torres 116-110
- Judge: Brian Garry 112-116
- World Boxing Organization Minimumweight Title (3rd defense by Nietes)
- Donnie Nietes 24-1-3 (14 KOs) vs. Manuel Vargas 27-3-1 (12 KOs)
- Vargas entered as the interim champion to Nietes' title, this being his first shot at a world title.
- Nietes has a record of 3-1 (2 KOs) in fights outside his native Philippines coming into the fight, this being his second consecutive fight in Mexico.