Drew (Bundini) Brown
Drew (Bundini) Brown (March 21, 1928 - September 24, 1987) was an assistant boxing trainer, second, and occasional actor.
- He lied about his age to get into the navy as a mess boy at 13.
- In the 1950s, he became part of Sugar Ray Robinson's entourage.
- He joined Muhammad Ali's entourage in 1963. Ferdie Pacheco described Brown as Ali's "camp cheerleader and spiritual witch doctor." Angelo Dundee said, "Drew charged Muhammad's battery. He knew Muhammad, he was great for Muhammad."
- He coined the phrase, "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."
- He also trained James Tillis
- In the mid-1960s, he was let go by Ali after he sold Ali's championship belt for $500, but Ali later brought him back.
- Appeared in the films "Shaft" and "The Color Purple."
- His son, Drew T. Brown III, became a Navy jet pilot and a motivational speaker.