Duane Thomas vs. John Mugabi
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
1986-12-05 : John Mugabi 152¼ lbs lost to Duane Thomas 153½ lbs by TKO at 0:56 in round 3 of 12
- Location: Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Carlos Padilla
- Judge: Arlen Bynum 20-19
- Judge: Miguel Donate 20-19
- Judge: Jerry Roth 20-19
- World Boxing Council Super Welterweight Title (Vacant title)
- Mugabi ranked number 1, Thomas number 2 for the title relinquished by Thomas Hearns.
- Mugabi was leading on the cards of all judges but turned away from Thomas in round three after sustaining an orbital bone injury inflicted by a Thomas punch and Padilla stopped the bout. (The Square Ring).