Eddie Chambers vs. Samuel Peter
2009-03-27 : Eddie Chambers 223 lbs beat Samuel Peter 265 lbs by MD in round 10 of 10
- Location: Nokia Theater, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Referee: James Jen-Kin
- Judge: Ray Corona 99-91
- Judge: Max DeLuca 96-94
- Judge: Marty Denkin 95-95
|Total||193 / 447||129 / 679|
|Jabs||144 / 331||102 / 385|
|Head||162 / 374||77 / 502|
|Body||31 / 73||52 / 177|
- Eddie Chambers (33-1) 18 KOs vs. Samuel Peter (30-2) 23 KOs
- Fight was part of the first ever boxing event to be held at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles.
- Peter came in ranked as the # 6 heavyweight in the world by The Ring Magazine. Chambers was not ranked in the top 10 by the same publication. Of note, however, Chambers came in as the betting favorite.
- Peter weighed in for the bout at the heaviest of his career to date. At 265 lbs., he was 11 1/2 lbs. heavier than in his previous bout some three and a half months earlier.
- ESPN's Teddy Atlas scored the bout 97-93 for Chambers. ESPN boxing writer Dan Rafael scored it 96-94 also in favor of Chambers.