Eduardo Garcia vs. Sebastien Gauthier
2007-07-14 : Eduardo Garcia 118 lbs beat Sebastien Gauthier 117½ lbs by TKO at 3:00 in round 4 of 12
- Location: Casino Rama, Rama, Ontario, Canada
- Referee: Rocky Zolnierczyk
- Judge: Harry Davis
- Judge: Deon Dwarte
- Judge: Remigio Ruggeri
- Vacant IBF International Bantamweight Title
- Time: 3:00
- Weights: Garcia 118 lbs, Gauthier 117.3 lbs
- Garcia was a late replacement for Jovanny Soto. Gauthier's trainer at the time (Claude Bélanger) objected to the fight, feeling that Garcia was too much of a step up from Soto and too big a challenge for the relatively young and inexperienced Gauthier. Gauthier's promoter (Interbox) and Gauthier himself disagreed and went ahead with the fight. That disagreement would ultimately lead to the split between Gauthier and his trainer shortly thereafter.
- Corner retirement after the fourth round.
- During the first round, Garcia hit Gauthier with a solid left hook that caused a lot of damage, including an injury to Gauthier's left arm.
- Gauthier's WBO Intercontinental Bantamweight title was not at stake in this fight, but was declared vacant by the WBO following Gauthier's loss.
- Inaugural IBF International Bantamweight title fight.