Eleider Alvarez vs. Danny McIntosh
2012-12-14 : Eleider Alvarez 178½ lbs beat Danny McIntosh 179¾ lbs by KO at 2:02 in round 8 of 10
- Location: Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Jean-Guy Brousseau
- Judge: Jean Lapointe
- Judge: Sylvain Leblanc
- Judge: Pasquale Procopio
- NABO Light Heavyweight Title (2nd defense by Alvarez)
Colombian-born Eleider Alvarez floored Danny McIntosh twice in the eighth round, finishing him with a big right hand, to claim his 11th professional victory and 7th via knockout.
Alvarez, who appeared in command throughout, showcased a quick jab and power punches in flurries, while proving a tough target for McIntosh
A pair of right hands and a followup combination sent the Englishman down to knee for a count of six 24 seconds into the eighth. Following the knockdown, Alvarez charged forward and caught McIntosh with a series of power shots while he was against the ropes. A big right hand, behind a jab, at 1:55 caught McIntosh on the chin and sent him toppling stiffly to the mat and out. The referee waved an end to the bout without completing the ten count.
It was the third consecutive knockout loss for McIntosh who fell to 13-4 (7 KOs).
- Eleider Alvarez 10-0 (6 KOs) vs. Danny McIntosh 13-3 (7 KOs)
- McIntosh entered as a 6-to-1 betting underdog. 
- Fight was the primary undercard bout for Jean Pascal vs. Aleksy Kuziemski.
- McIntosh entered having lost his two previous bouts; each by technical knockout.
- It was the fourth knockout loss of McIntosh's professional career.
- A clash of heads opened a small, insignificant cut to the outside of Alvarez' right eye in round four.
- Alvarez twice hit McIntosh on the break.