Erick De Leon vs. Diamond Baier
2013-04-13 : Erick De Leon 131½ lbs beat Diamond Baier 131½ lbs by UD in round 4 of 4
- Location: Radio City Music Hall, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Steve Willis
- Judge: Kevin Morgan 40-36
- Judge: John Poturaj 40-34
- Judge: Alan Rubenstein 40-36
For four rounds, Erick De Leon battered an over-matched Diamond Baier en route to a shutout unanimous decision and his third professional victory.
De Leon repeatedly pelted Baier with powerful combinations and lead left hands to the head. Baier went down midway through the opening round following a right hook, but referee Steve Willis questionably ruled it to be from a trip.
Baier was hurt in round two by a series of power shots and took a lot of punishment while backed against the ropes. By the third round, he had swelling to his left eye and was bleeding from the mouth. To his credit, Baier showed that he could take some big punches, but was in trouble of being stopped as the bell rang to end the fourth.
- Erick De Leon 2-0 (1 KO) vs. Diamond Baier 2-4-1 (0 KOs)
- Fight was on the undercard of Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Nonito Donaire.