Erick De Leon vs. Paul Velarde
2013-02-23 : Erick De Leon 135 lbs beat Paul Velarde 138 lbs by UD in round 4 of 4
- Location: C. Robert Lee Center, Hawaiian Gardens, California, USA
- Referee: Lou Moret
- Judge: Gwen Adair 40-36
- Judge: Patrick Connolly 40-36
- Judge: Barry Druxman 40-36
Erick De Leon posted his second win in as many fights with a four-round unanimous decision over "Fighting" Paul Velarde of California.
De Leon moved well, displayed a quick lead left hand, and threw crisp power combinations to both the head and body en route to the shutout win.
Velarde proved a game opponent and withstood some solid punches, while landing a few decent shots of his own. In round two, Velarde opened a cut to the outside of De Leon's right eye.
- Erick De Leon 1-0 (1 KO) vs. Paul Velarde 3-2-3 (0 KOs)
- Fight was the walkout bout for Chris Avalos vs. Jose Luis Araiza.
- It was the television debut for De Leon.