Erik Morales vs. Marco Antonio Barrera (2nd meeting)
2002-06-22 : Marco Antonio Barrera 126 lbs beat Erik Morales 126 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Jay Nady
- Judge: Chuck Giampa 116-112
- Judge: Mike Glienna 115-113
- Judge: Duane Ford 115-113
- World Boxing Council Featherweight Title (Morales defending)
- With the loss, Morales' WBC featherweight title becomes vacant. (Barrera didn't accept the WBC title)
- Barrera wins the vacant Ring Magazine Featherweight championship of the world.
- The fight was originally scheduled for March 2, 2002 but was moved back due to a Barrera rib injury.