Erling Nilsen (30.12.1910- 23.04.1984) was a mid-1930s amateur heavyweight boxer from Norway. He was a member of the first official boxing contest between England and Norway on December 8, 1935 in the Oslo Colosseum; his opponent was H. P. Floyd. Source: Official Program
Nilsen represented Norway in the 1936 Olympics, Berlin. Won Bronze Medal.
- W Dq Walter Marti, Switzerland
- W KO 2 Ernest Toussaint, Luxemborg
- L 3 Guillermo Lovell, Argentina
- W WO Ferenc Nagy, Hungary
Bronze Medal in the European Championships, Milan, Italy 1937:
- W 3 Pilat, Poland
- L 3 Olle Tandberg, Sweden
Nilsen won 7 National Titles in Norway. Had 15 victories on the National Team.