Ezzard Charles vs. Jersey Joe Walcott (2nd meeting)
1951-03-07 : Ezzard Charles 186 lbs beat Jersey Joe Walcott 194 lbs by UD in round 15 of 15
- Location: Olympia Stadium, Detroit, Michigan, USA
- Referee: Clarence Rosen 80-70
- Judge: Jack Aspery 84-66
- Judge: Joe Lenahan 83-67
- World Heavyweight Championship (Charles defending)
- Charles was a 5-1 favorite.
- A crowd of 13,853 paid $75,502.
- A left hook floored Walcott for a nine-count in the ninth round.
- Jack Cuddy of United Press scored the fight for Charles. He had it 8-5-2 in rounds.
- The crowd booed the decision, and Walcott complained he had been "robbed."
- This was Walcott's fourth failed attempt to win the title.