Felix Trinidad vs. Oscar De La Hoya
1999-09-18 : Felix Trinidad 147 lbs beat Oscar De La Hoya 147 lbs by MD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Mitch Halpern
- Judge: Jerry Roth 115-113
- Judge: Bob Logist 115-114
- Judge: Glen Hamada 114-114
- The Unified Rules of Boxing applied
- World Boxing Council Welterweight Title (8th defending of De La Hoya)
- International Boxing Federation Welterweight Title (15th defending of Trinidad)
- Promoter: Top Rank (Bob Arum)
- Ring Announcer: Michael Buffer
- Aired On: TVKO (Main Event)
- De La Hoya believed that he had dominated the opening rounds with ease but, believing he had the fight won already, started running from Trinidad, giving the last rounds away.
- HBO unofficial judge Harold Lederman scored the fight 114-114.
- The AP scored the fight 115-113 for De La Hoya.
- Bob Arum said De La Hoya is guaranteed $21 million and Trinidad $8.5 million, but he added that De La Hoya could make up to $7 million more and Trinidad up to $4 million more if the pay-per-view sales continue to be as strong as they have been.
- The fight generated 1.4 million pay-per-view buys and $71.4 million in pay-per-view revenue.