Terry Norris vs. Vincent Pettway
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
(Redirected from Fight:10367)
1996-02-24 : Terry Norris 150¾ lbs beat Vincent Pettway 151 lbs by TKO at 2:41 in round 8 of 12
- Location: Richmond Coliseum, Richmond, Virginia, USA
- Referee: Larry Doggett
- Judge: Robert Exton 70-61
- Judge: Wayne Peters 70-61
- Judge: Angel Luis Guzman 70-61
- World Boxing Council Super Welterweight Title (4th defense by Norris)
- International Boxing Federation Junior Middleweight Title (2nd defense by Norris)
- Pettway, the former IBF junior middleweight champion, entered this fight ranked #3 by the IBF.
- Norris dropped Pettway with a right in the final seconds of the first round. Pettway was floored again in round three with a left hook. The third and final knockdown came in the eighth round: Norris put Pettway down with a left hook to the body. Pettway struggled up at the count of nine, and the referee stopped the fight.