Zab Judah vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
(Redirected from Fight:1058088)
2006-04-08 : Floyd Mayweather Jr 146 lbs beat Zab Judah 145½ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Richard Steele
- Judge: Glen Hamada 119-109
- Judge: Dave Moretti 116-112
- Judge: Jerry Roth 117-111
- International Boxing Federation Welterweight Title (2nd defense of Judah)
- International Boxing Organization Welterweight Title (Vacant)
- Promoter: Top Rank
- Ring Announcer: Michael Buffer
- Aired On: HBO Pay-Per-View (Main Event)
- Mayweather's glove touched the canvas in the 2nd round after a short right hook by Judah, but referee Steele ruled it a slip.
- During the tenth round, Judah hit Mayweather with a low blow, followed by a rabbit punch to the back of Mayweather's head. The ref called time-out and as both fighters went to their neutral corners, Mayweather's trainer, Roger Mayweather, entered the ring and a riot erupted inside the ring as Judah's corner entered soon after. Local security defused the situation and the fight was allowed to resume.
- At an April 13 hearing, the Nevada State Athletic Commission fined Roger Mayweather $200,000 and revoked his boxing license for one year. At a hearing on May 8, the Commission disciplined the other offenders in the melee. It fined Yoel Judah $100,000 and revoked his license for one year, fined Mayweather cornerman Leonard Ellerbe $50,000 and suspended his license for four months, and fined Zab Judah $350,000 and revoked his license for one year. 
- Mayweather was scheduled to earn a minimum $6 million while Judah was to earn $3 million plus a percentage of the profits, but because of Judah's loss, Mayweather earned a minimum $5 million while Judah was guaranteed $1 million plus a percentage of profits above $7 million. 
- The fight generated 374,000 pay-per-view buys and $16.8 million in PPV revenue.