Andre Ward vs. Jerson Ravelo
(Redirected from Fight:1298035)
2008-06-20 : Andre Ward 168 lbs beat Jerson Ravelo 166½ lbs by TKO at 2:37 in round 8 of 12
- Location: Royal Watler Cruise Terminal, Georgetown, Cayman Islands
- Referee: Steve Smoger
- Judge: Jose Hiram Rivera
- Judge: Roberto Ramirez Jr.
- Judge: Nelson Vazquez
- WBO NABO Super Middleweight Title (Vacant title)
- Aired on: ShoBox: The New Generation
- Promoter: Goossen Tutor
- Ward broke down Ravelo, taking the fight out of him. There was a lot of sloppiness as Ravelo hit the canvas five times on different occasions because of slips. A real knockdown finally came in the eighth round and Ravelo barely beat the count. As Ward jumped all over Ravelo, his corner threw in the towel at the same time the referee stopped the fight.
- Title had been vacated by Jean Pascal in order to face Carl Froch in a fight for the vacant WBC Super Middleweight title.
Pascal vs. Norman
| NABO Super Middleweight Title Fight
Dirrell vs. Oganov