2009-12-03 : Brad Solomon 143¼ lbs beat Ray Robinson 142¼ lbs by MD in round 8 of 8
- Location: Manhattan Center Grand Ballroom, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Sparkle Lee
- Judge: Steve Epstein 79-73
- Judge: Matt Ruggero 76-76
- Judge: Don Trella 79-73
In a televised battle between unbeaten light welterweight prospects, a bearded Brad Solomon won a unanimous decision over 'the other' Ray Robinson. While Robinson had a tremendous reach advantage, Solomon proved hard to hit, and Robinson threw a great deal of punches that missed the target. Solomon, on the other hand, threw less but landed more, and appeared to win nearly every round by landing overhand rights and power shots frequently. An accidental clash of heads in round 4 opened up a nasty bloody cut over the right of Robinson, whose corner did a nice job the rest of the bout handling the cut. Robinson down from a slip in round 5. After round five the bout turned into a ugly inside war in center ring, with Solomon clocking Robinson often with overhand right hooks. One judge saw the bout a draw, lending to the possibility that two judges were influenced by the cut and blood, but one was not, however the bout did not appear close. Rough scrap. Referee: Sparkle Lee.
- Versus Blows: Solomon 169/389 43%; Robinson 105/632 17%.
- Solomon going back and forth all night switching between orthodox and southpaw stances, stance not categorized by the Boxrec