Roy Jones Jr. vs. Pawel Glazewski
(Redirected from Fight:1701910)
2012-06-30 : Pawel Glazewski 182¾ lbs lost to Roy Jones Jr. 183¾ lbs by SD in round 10 of 10
- Location: Atlas Arena, Lodz, Poland
- Referee: Dave Parris
- Judge: Predrag Aleksic 93-96
- Judge: Bela Florian 95-94
- Judge: Juergen Langos 94-96
- 43-year-old Roy Jones Jr. was originally scheduled to fight Dawid Kostecki, who was 39-1 and ranked #4 at light heavyweight by the WBC. However, Kostecki was arrested on June 19 in order to begin serving a 2½-year prison sentence for a prior conviction of running a prostitution ring. When Jones negotiated his deal with 12 Knockout Promotions, the fight's promoter, he was assured that Kostecki would not start serving his sentence until after the fight. 12 Knockout Promotions tried to secure a temporary release for Kostecki but were unsuccessful. Their final request was denied on the morning of the weigh-in. Pawel Glazewski, who was on standby all week for the imprisoned Kostecki, stepped in as a replacement. Glazewski was 17-0 and ranked #9 at light heavyweight by the WBC.
- Fightnews.com reported: "Jones was quick enough and sharp enough to outscore the light punching Glazewski early on. Jones was doing a lot of showboating in the bout until Glazewski dropped him with a left hook in round six. Glazewski outworked Jones after that, but Roy landed some good punches in round ten that slightly staggered Glazewski and likely won the bout for him."
- ESPN's Dan Rafael scored the bout 97-92 for Glazewski and BoxingScene had it 98-91 for Glazewski.