From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
2012-07-13 : Billy Dib 128½ lbs beat Juan Antonio Rodriguez 128½ lbs by UD in round 10 of 10
- Location: Orion Function Centre, Campsie, New South Wales, Australia
- Referee: Garry Dean
- Judge: John Gauchi 97-94
- Judge: George Plellis 98-92
- Judge: David Grainger 99-92
IBF Featherweight Champion Billy Dib versus Juan Antonio Rodriguez Non-Title Bout
- Non-title bout as it was not sanctioned by the International Boxing Federation
- IBF World Featherweight champion Billy Dib goes the distance to outpoint super featherweight southpaw Juan Antonio Rodriguez, a Mexican fighter with 19 knockouts in his 21 wins, by ten round decision, the seventh time in his career Dib has gone the ten or twelve round distance. But it was not easy, as the hard punching Rodriguez, while unable to compete with Dib's technical jabbing skills, nonetheless landed the more significant power shots and had a solid chin which Dib could not dent. The inside war created problems for Dib as both fighters battled in close. Dib was cut above the left eye due to a clash of heads in round four, and cut above the right eye by another accidental clash of heads in round ten. Despite the cuts, the champion was not in trouble in any time and the cuts did not put him in jeopardy.
- Jorge Lacierva, who lost a 12 rounder for the vacant IBF Featherweight title to Dib in in 2011, was not available for a rematch as was defending the interim WBA Super Featherweight title he held against Bryan Vazquez in Baja Mexico on July 21, 2012.