From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
2012-07-14 : Phil Lo Greco 149 lbs beat Brandon Hoskins 146 lbs by TKO at 1:26 in round 1 of 8
Phil Lo Greco versus Brandon Hoskins Welterweight Bout
- Bout fought as a televised pay-per-view HBO preliminary bout on the undercard of Danny Garcia versus Amir Khan.
- Montreal welterweight Lo Greco had Missouri fighter Hoskins down twice early in the first round. Hoskins beat the count both times and appeared unhurt.
- Hoskins appeared in shape, but Lo Greco had a tight defense with his hands raised and managed to back Hoskins up. Hoskins gamely tried but his punches were unable to penetrate Lo Greco's defense.
- Lo Greco landed a number of power shots and power hooks to the head of Hoskins with both hands. Hoskins went down twice, and was taking a beating on the ropes when referee Jay Nady stopped it.
- Hoskins unhurt, but clearly outclassed. Hoskins was unbeaten at 16-0-1 but then lost to his last two bouts to unbeaten opponents 24-0 Phil Lo Greco and 17-0 light middleweight Keith Thurman, with a combined 29 kayos in their 41 wins.