2013-01-19 : Michael Anderson 146 lbs lost to Emmanuel Lartei Lartey 145½ lbs by UD in round 10 of 10
- Location: Robert Treat Hotel, Newark, New Jersey, USA
- Referee: Earl Brown
- Judge: Pierre Benoist 93-97
- Judge: Ron McNair 92-97
- Judge: Larry Layton 93-97
- Judge Ron McNair (above) had the bout 97-92 for Lartey
Emmanuel Lartei Lartey versus Michael Anderson Regional RCB Welterweight Title Bout
One time Gary Shaw Productions welterweight prospect Michael Anderson went ten rounds for the first time in his career, but his first trip past the fourth round proved difficult. Ghana southpaw Emmanuel Lartei Lartey remained unbeaten, winning at least eight of ten rounds in the main event in Newark, New Jersey. Anderson seemed unprepared for Lartei Lartey's awkward southpaw style, combining superior head movement and footwork to keep Anderson off balance all night. Shorter but stronger, Lartey was busier, as he threw frequent single shots to the head and body while Anderson refused to let his hands go all night, giving away rounds. Lartei Lartey, now 14-0-1, fought for the fourth time in the United States in 11 months, and was not bothered by the taunts of Anderson's local Newark crowd. Anderson had a good defense and actually won rounds six and eight outpointing Lartey while avoiding counters. Anderson was well trained but had only one week of southpaw sparring preparation for this critical bout, a rescheduled Newark fight card after original opponent Sammy Ventura of Mexico failed to obtain medical clearance from the New Jersey Athletic Commission in December 2012.
- Seven bout card co-promoted by All Out Promotions with Global Boxing Promotions, televised live over the internet on Gofightlive, capacity crowd in attendance.
- Others in attendance included KEA Boxing promoter Alexander Kut, former world Cruiserweight champion 'Ice' Al Cole, noted trainer and cut man Charlie 'Dewdrop' Young working the corners, and KEA 10-0 welterweight prospect Juan Rodriguez.