Manny Melchor vs. Ratanapol Sor Vorapin
(Redirected from Fight:6712)
1992-12-10 : Anucha Phothong 104½ lbs beat Manny Melchor 105 lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Location: National Stadium Gymnasium, Bangkok, Thailand
- Referee: Abraham Pacheco
- Judge: Jacob Limahelu 115-112
- Judge: Vichai Srichamras 117-110
- Judge: Pascual Ingusan 112-115
- International Boxing Federation Minimumweight Title (1st defense by Melchor)
- Manny Melchor 20-15-4 (5 KOs) vs. Ratanapol Sor Vorapin 11-2-1 (8 KOs)
- Melchor came into the fight 1-1 against Thai opponents, losing to Chana Porpaoin by decision through ten rounds two and a half years ago and beating Fahlan Sakkreerin by split decision for the IBF Minimumweight Title in his last bout. Melchor also came into the fight going 2-3-1 (1 KOs) outside his native Philippines, and going 1-1 (0 KOs) in Thailand.
- Ratanapol came into the fight 2-0 (2 KOs) against Filipino opponents, having knocked out Ali Moril (KO3) and Al Tarazona (KO 5) respectively. Ratanapol has yet to fight outside his native Thailand compiling a record of 11-2-1 (8 KOs) within the country.