Roy Jones Jr. vs. Thomas Tate
1994-05-27 : Thomas Tate 159½ lbs lost to Roy Jones Jr. 159 lbs by TKO at 0:30 in round 2 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Richard Steele
- Judge: Jerry Roth 9-10
- Judge: Don O'Neill 9-10
- Judge: Tom McDonough 9-10
- IBF Middleweight Title (first defense by Jones)
- Tate was ranked #1 by the IBF.
- Jones earned $600,000 and Tate made $200,000.
- In the first round, Jones landed 49 of 96 punches (51%) and Tate connected on 22 of 69 (32%).
- Jones floored Tate with a left hook to the chin early in the second round. Tate was able to beat the referee's count, but he was wobbly. His trainer, Eddie Mustafa Muhammad, stopped the fight.
Jones Jr. vs. Hopkins
| IBF Middleweight Title Fight
Hopkins vs. Mercado I