Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Roberto Apodaca
1996-10-11 : Floyd Mayweather Jr 131 lbs beat Roberto Apodaca 130 lbs by TKO at 0:37 in round 2 of 4
- Location: Texas Station Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Kenny Bayless
- Judge: Jerry Roth
- Judge: Art Lurie
- Judge: Patricia Morse Jarman
- Aired On: ESPN Friday Night Fights
- This was the professional debut for 19-year-old 1996 Olympic Bronze Medalist Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- This was also the professional debut for Apodaca, who would go 0-4 in his career.
- Apodaca went to one knee at 2:16 of round one after taking a left hook to the body.
- Mayweather landed 30 of 60 punches in the first round, while Apodaca connected on only 2 of 30.
- Another left hook to the body put Apodaca down again at 0:30 seconds of round two. Apodaca was in obvious pain, and referee Kenny Bayless waved an end to the bout without competing the count.