From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Name: Francisco Tafoya
Alias: Frankie Tafoya
Nationality: US American
Hometown: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Height: 5′ 7″ / 170cm
Reach: 74″ / 188cm
Boxing Record: click
- After winning his sectional title, Frank Tafoya lost a razor thin, split decision to Mike Podgorski for the Chicago Park District Jr.Division 75 lb. City Title on May 13, 1994 at Chicago's famous International Amphitheatre
- In 1997 Tafoya was a member of the Junior USA boxing team, winning bouts vs. the Irish team in Ireland
- Frank Tafoya was the 2000 Chicago Golden Gloves Open Division 119 pound Champion as he defeated Oscar Arellano
- Frankie was a product of the Chicago Park District boxing program started by Edmund L. Kelly in 1968
- Tafoya's amateur coaches were Bill Heglin and Danny Nieves.
- Tafoya had a brief, six bout professional career and retired in 2007 with a 5-1 record.
- In 2013 Tafoya became the coach of the Portage Park Boxing team at the Portage Park Gym, Chicago.