Frank Tate vs. Michael Olajide
1987-10-10 : Frank Tate 160 lbs beat Michael Olajide 157½ lbs by UD in round 15 of 15
- Location: Caesars Palace, Sports Pavilion, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Richard Steele
- Judge: Jerry Roth 147-136
- Judge: Bill Graham 148-134
- Judge: Chuck Giampa 146-135
- IBF Middleweight Title (Vacant)
- The IBF middleweight title became vacant after IBF champion Marvin Hagler lost to Sugar Ray Leonard on April 6, 1987. The IBF did not sanction the fight because Leonard was not rated, and it ruled that the title would be declared vacant if Hagler lost.
- The fight was billed as Glitter vs. Gold. Olajide was Glitter and Tate, a 1984 Olympic gold medalist, was Gold.
- Olajide was rated No. 1 at middleweight by the IBF, and Tate was the No. 2-rated contender.
- Olajide was a 2-1 favorite.
- The fight aired live on NBC.
- Tate scored knockdowns in rounds eleven and twelve.
Hagler vs. Mugabi
| IBF Middleweight Title Fight
Tate vs. Sibson