Frenchy Belanger vs. Steve Rocco (1st meeting)
1928-06-05 : Frenchy Belanger 111¼ lbs lost to Steve Rocco 111 lbs by UD in round 10 of 10
- Location: Arena Gardens, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Referee: Alex Sinclair
- Canadian Flyweight Title (1st defense of Belanger)
- Weights: Belanger 111.2 lbs, Rocco 111 lbs
- Attendance: 8,000
- It was "one of the greatest bouts, any weight, ever seen in a Toronto ring...." according to The Globe.
- According to the Canadian Press, "Steve Rocco, game Toronto Italian, toppled Albert "Frenchy" Belanger from his Canadian flyweight throne tonight when he defeated the champion in a thrilling ten-round battle before 8,000 spectators at Arena Gardens. The battle was close throughout, and, although Rocco was the popular favorite, many disagreed with the decision. It was, however, officially a unanimous one, both judges and the referee choosing Rocco".
Durand vs. Belanger
| Canadian Flyweight Title Fight
Belanger vs. Rocco II