Name: Frida Wallberg
Alias: Golden Girl
Birthplace: Atvidaberg, Sweden
Hometown: Gothenburg, Sweden
Height: 5′ 6½″ / 169cm
Boxing Record: click
- Wallberg amateur record 48-5. Swedish Female National Champion 1998-2003. Nordic 2001. European 2000. World 2001.
- Held World Boxing Council Female World Super Bantamweight title, ranked number one in the world on BoxRec.
Frida Wallberg Current Medical Situation in Sweden
- Swedish boxing rules mandate boxers a brain injury are not allowed to fight again in Sweden. Wallberg remains in a medically induced coma after emergency brain surgery due to a cerebral hemmorhage and a brain stroke occurred after her eighth round knockout loss to Diana Prazak on June 14, 2013. Wallberg remains hospitalized in critical condition at Karolinska Institutet Hospital in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Frida Wallberg held a press conference on 08.08 2013 in her hometown Atvidaberg, looking beaten down and fighting tears while explaining how she through rehabilitation is trying to get back to a normal life. Currently she has no wish to speculate on her relation to boxing and boxing in general. From the fight she remembers a head butt, probably in the 5th round, and from then on she felt dizzy and unfocused, "gone".
- A replay of the fight on Youtube reveals a clash of foreheads around 1:00 in the 5th round.