Gale Kerwin vs. Peter Schmidt
1961-03-16 : Gale Kerwin 147 lbs beat Peter Schmidt 146 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Arena, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Referee: Guy Bedard
- Judge: Rud Stevens 119-111
- Judge: Jimmy Wilson 117-116
- Judge: Bobby Reid 116-112
- Canadian Welterweight Title (1st defense of Kerwin)
- Schmidt down in round 7.
- According to the Ottawa Citizen, Kerwin "easily outpointed Peter Schmidt, of Toronto, in a 12-round bout".
Kerwin vs. Fiddler
| Canadian Welterweight Title Fight
Schmidt vs. Durelle I