From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
- Gary Russell Jr. 21-0 (13 KOs) vs. Vyacheslav Gusev 20-2 (5 KOs)
- Gusev entered as a 20-to-1 betting underdog. 
- Fight was the primary undercard bout for Richard Abril vs. Sharif Bogere.
- It was the first fight for Gusev in 11 months. In his previous bout, he came off the floor to claim a slim points win over Padjai Yongyuthgym (13-0-2). The decision in favor of Gusev, which was contested by many, led the PABA to mandate a rematch. The bout, however, which was tentatively scheduled for September 2012 in Thailand fell through.
- After the win, Russell Jr. was found to have a hairline fracture to his left hand.