Gene Fullmer vs. Sugar Ray Robinson (3rd meeting)
1960-12-03 : Gene Fullmer 159 lbs drew with Sugar Ray Robinson 158¾ lbs by PTS in round 15 of 15
- Location: Sports Arena, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Referee: Tommy Hart 4-11
- Judge: Lee Grossman 9-5
- Judge: George Latka 8-8
National Boxing Association Middleweight Title (fourth defense by Fullmer)
- A crowd of 13,465 produced a gross gate of $122,584.
- The promotion received $100,000 from TV rights.
- The fight was televised live on ABC, with a 300-mile blackout in the Los Angeles area.
- Fullmer received 40% of the net, and Robinson got 20%.
- The fighters wore eight-ounce gloves and fought in an 18-foot ring.
- The California scoring system was used, which gave the winner of a round one or more points up to five and the loser none.
- United Press International scored the fight 10-9 for Fullmer, and the Associated Press scorecard it 7-6 for Fullmer.
- A UPI survey of ringside reporters showed fourteen scored for Robinson, six for Fullmer, and three had the bout even.
- "Fullmer's a very rough guy to fight. You can't plan anything with him." - Sugar Ray Robinson
- "I'm no lover of Sugar Ray Robinson. Once when my manager and I tried to call him for a fight, he asked, 'Gene Fullmer? Who's he?' But I must say he's a gentleman in the ring." - Gene Fullmer