George Foreman vs. Joe Frazier (2nd meeting)
1976-06-15 : George Foreman 224 lbs beat Joe Frazier 224½ lbs by TKO at 2:26 in round 5 of 12
- Location: Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, New York, USA
- Referee: Harold Valan
- NABF Heavyweight Title (1st defense of Foreman)
- Time: 2:26
- Weights: Foreman 224 lbs, Frazier 224.5 lbs
- Each fighter was guaranteed $1 million.
- Attendance was 10,341.
- The fight was shown on closed circuit television in 307 locations in 84 cities.
- One Las Vegas bookmaker had Frazier as a 7-5 favorite.
- Several hours before the fight, Frazier shaved his head on pure impulse.
- Frazier came out for the first round moving and boxing, but Frazier's change in tactics did him little good.
- Foreman dropped Frazier twice in the fifth round. After Frazier rose from the second knockdown, his trainer, Eddie Futch, stepped up on the ring apron and told the referee to stop the fight.
- AP article
- Sports Illustrated article
Foreman vs. Lyle
| NABF Heavyweight Title Fight
Jones vs. Weaver