From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Name: George Trafton
Alias: The Supergreat
Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Died: 1971-09-05 (Age:74)
Nationality: US American
Hometown: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Height: 6′ 2″ / 188cm
Boxing Record: click
- George Trafton played football for Notre Dame University in the early 1900s.
- He enlisted in the Army in 1918 and was captain of the Camp Grant team.
- Trafton's career in South Bend and Notre Dame was brief. Knute Rockne, the famous Notre Dame coach, caught him playing semi-pro football one Sunday and personally had him expelled. 
- He was also a member of the Chicago Bears professional football team until 1932. He was on their 1932 Championship team
- He was the first center to play for the Decatur Staleys/Chicago Bears team
- In 1964, he was enshrined in the Professional Football Hall of Fame
- He died in Los Angeles, California.