Gianfranco Rosi vs. Donald Curry
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
1988-07-08 : Donald Curry 153¼ lbs beat Gianfranco Rosi 153½ lbs by RTD in round 9 of 12
- Location: Portosole, San Remo, Liguria, Italy
- Referee: Octavio Meyran
- Judge: Sid Nathan 88-83
- Judge: Franz Marti 88-80
- Judge: Miguel Donate 87-81
- World Boxing Council Super Welterweight Title (2nd defense by Rosi)
- Rosi's purse was $300,00 and Curry's was $200,000.
- There was a crowd of 2,000 in the outdoor arena at Portosole Sanremo, one of the most prestigious marinas in the Mediterranean sea.
- Curry floored Rosi five times — once in the 2nd, once in the 4th, once in the 8th, and twice in the 7th.
- Rosi, bleeding and battered, failed to answer the bell for the 10th round.